By Jane Curran
Are you sick of roasting your veg in the same way, day after day, week after week, and month after month? Read on and learn how to pep up your roasted veg with this punchy dressing. Vary the veg according to the season- cauliflower and broccoli also roast well. This dish is filling enough on its own, but also great as a side with grilled salmon and chicken; vary the portion size to adapt to the kind of plate-size you require.
Although a traditional, wonderful accompaniment to Sunday lunch, roasted veg can no longer be condemned to exist only as a side dish; now is its time to blossom into a main course of its own. Simply adapt to the season; change the vegetables up depending on whether you're cooking in the winter or the summer. If you're still trying to enjoy food, but keep to your weight loss goals, this is the perfect dish for you. It combines taste, healthy eating, and your 5 a day all in one. This easy dish is also suitable for vegans and vegetarians if you omit the anchovies in the dressing.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST VEGETABLE SALAD WITH ANCHOVY DRESSING
- Heat the oven to 160C fan, gas 4. Spread out the vegetables on one or two roasting tins. You don't want them to be piled up or they will steam rather than roast. Add the olive oil and plenty of black pepper. You won't need salt as the anchovies are salty enough. Put into the oven and roast for about 45 minutes or until lightly charred.
- Make the dressing by mixing all the ingredients together. Once the vegetables are ready, put into a large bowl, add the dressing and mix well.
- 6 baby aubergines
- 1 large bulb fennel, cut into chunks
- 3 leeks, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes, cut into chunks
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2 onions, quartered
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 75g can of anchovies, drained and chopped
- Large bunch of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 125ml olive oil
- 3tbsp small capers
Were Prince Harry and Meghan Markle paid to do Oprah interview?
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle could potentially make a huge sum from the highly-anticipated interview
By Emma Dooney •
Ben Affleck reveals how his divorce from Jennifer Garner helped him become a better actor
He shared how ‘intense personal experiences’ have made acting more ‘interesting’
By Emma Shacklock •
Princes Charles makes heartbreaking admission about his father Prince Philip
The Prince of Wales has concerns about his father, the Duke of Edinburgh, amid the global pandemic
By Aleesha Badkar •