Roast pork is such a traditional British dish and makes the perfect Sunday roast recipe, or it’s a great dinner party recipe too. Served up with apricot and pistachio stuffing, this dish is one to remember.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST LOIN OF PORK WITH APRICOT AND PISTACHIO STUFFING
- Ideally, buy your pork the day before. Unwrap, dry it and place on a plate in the fridge. This will dry out the skin for perfect crackling. Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Rub a little oil over the skin then add sea salt. Roast in a roasting tin for 25 minutes, then turn down the oven to 190 C, 170 C fan, 375 F, gas 5 and roast for 2 hours 15 minutes.
- To make the stuffing, mix the ingredients and season well. You can either bake it in a 500ml (18fl oz) greased ovenproof dish for 35 minutes with the pork towards the end of cooking, or make 12 individual balls. Drain off the fat around the pork and cook the stuffing balls around it for 20 to 25 minutes until browned, or place in a baking tin.
- Allow the pork to rest for 15 minutes before carving. You can cut through the rib bones or remove the bones then carve thinly. Serve with our cider gravy. It would be delicious accompanied with our gratin of sweet potato and celeriac, and some greens.
- 400g (14oz) coarse pork sausage meat
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Cox apple, cored and grated
- 2tbsp fresh breadcrumbs
- 50g (2oz) shelled pistachio nuts, chopped
- 75g (3oz) dried apricots, chopped
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Snow Moon—name's origins and the planet whose shadow period might cause problems
Snow Moon—February full moon meaning and why you'd better keep an eye one troublesome planet's retrograde shadow period this lunar cycle
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Mercury Retrograde shadow period 2022 will happen EIGHT times so here's what to look out for
Mercury retrograde shadow period 2022—the period before and after this year's FOUR Mercury retrogrades and what to look out for
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Carrie and...who?! And Just Like That fans shocked by potential new romance
And Just Like That fans are shocked as they pick up between a potential new romance that may be blossoming between Carrie and...
By Laura Harman • Published