By Jane Curran
Using miso with lamb gives an amazing umami hit, perfect for intensifying the sweet flavour of the meat. This recipe is all about simplicity, so it’s a short ingredients list, but one that packs a real punch when it all combines in the cooking process.
The warming flavour of ginger lingers while the rosemary gives a familiar hit of fragrance, a surprisingly delicious combination.
In just two steps you can have your lamb prepared and in the oven, ready for a special Sunday lunch or celebratory meal - it's a great Easter recipe to try this year too. Serving it simply with Jersey Royals and fresh peas means the lamb truly is the star of the show. Use the cooking juices spooned over the meat in place of a gravy for a lighter feel.
HOW TO MAKE ROAST CARVERY LEG OF LAMB WITH MISO AND GINGER
- 1 carvery leg of lamb, around 2.2kg
- A few sprigs of rosemary
- 5cm piece ginger, peeled then grated
- 4tbsp white miso paste
- Jersey Royals and fresh peas, to serve
- Make some small slits in the lamb skin and insert small sprigs of rosemary. Mix together the ginger and miso, then spread over the lamb. You can now marinate it for an hour, or overnight if you have the time.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Put the lamb into a roasting tin – if it’s been in the fridge, allow it to get to room temperature for half an hour. Roast for about 2 hours, covering loosely with foil halfway through. The internal temperature for medium lamb should be around 62C when you check it. Leave it to rest for 20 minutes while you steam the Jersey Royals and fresh peas. Serve, accompanied with a glass of red.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •