By Jane Curran
This is a speedy supper, so you'll need all your ingredients ready to go; it's not one for preparing in advance. You can buy "courgetti" in supermarkets if you don't have a spiraliser or julienne peeler. This meal ticks all the boxes; green veg - check. Seafood - check. Carbohydrates in the form of attractive lengths of pasta - check. This dish of pasta and fish, of subtly flavoured and hot and spicy vegetables, contains contrasting combinations in order to provide something for everyone, and certainly something for most people to savour and love. Chilli and garlic are essential to bring this recipe alive, and provide the kick and contrasting taste it needs. Whether you're entertaining a large party, preparing a romantic dinner for two, or simply treating yourself (because let's face it, you deserve it), serve with a white wine for a perfect meal. Sauvignon Blanc would be the perfect choice, as it is known for complementing both garlic and prawns. Enjoy, and dream of a coastal escape.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWN PASTA WITH A PUNCHY SAUCE
- 100g pappardelle (or tagliatelle)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 300g raw king prawns
- 250g spiralled courgettes
- Large handful of rocket
- Fresh basil, to serve
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pappardelle.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic and chilli, fry for a few minutes then add the prawns and a good sprinkling of sea salt. Stir- fry until the prawns are cooked.
- When the pasta is almost ready, add the courgettes for a few minutes. Drain, then add to the prawns with the rocket- stir to combine then add the basil and plenty of black pepper.
Former Bachelorette contestants weigh in on the future of the franchise
Tayshia Adams and Katie Thurston are keen on making some changes to the show
By Danielle Valente •
Queen Elizabeth's grandson Peter Phillips and wife Autumn Phillips have officially divorced
Peter Phillips and his now ex-wife Autumn Phillips have finalized their divorce after announcing their separation back in February 2020
By Rylee Johnston •
Freedom Day delay confirmed by Boris Johnson—but weddings will still go ahead
21 June is dubbed Freedom Day—but the Prime Minister has confirmed it will not go ahead as planned
By Georgia Farquharson •