By Jane Curran
This is a speedy supper, so you'll need all your ingredients ready to go; it's not one for preparing in advance. You can buy "courgetti" in supermarkets if you don't have a spiraliser or julienne peeler. This meal ticks all the boxes; green veg - check. Seafood - check. Carbohydrates in the form of attractive lengths of pasta - check. This dish of pasta and fish, of subtly flavoured and hot and spicy vegetables, contains contrasting combinations in order to provide something for everyone, and certainly something for most people to savour and love. Chilli and garlic are essential to bring this recipe alive, and provide the kick and contrasting taste it needs. Whether you're entertaining a large party, preparing a romantic dinner for two, or simply treating yourself (because let's face it, you deserve it), serve with a white wine for a perfect meal. Sauvignon Blanc would be the perfect choice, as it is known for complementing both garlic and prawns. Enjoy, and dream of a coastal escape.
HOW TO MAKE PRAWN PASTA WITH A PUNCHY SAUCE
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add the pappardelle.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan or wok. Add the garlic and chilli, fry for a few minutes then add the prawns and a good sprinkling of sea salt. Stir- fry until the prawns are cooked.
- When the pasta is almost ready, add the courgettes for a few minutes. Drain, then add to the prawns with the rocket- stir to combine then add the basil and plenty of black pepper.
- 100g pappardelle (or tagliatelle)
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large red chilli, finely chopped
- 300g raw king prawns
- 250g spiralled courgettes
- Large handful of rocket
- Fresh basil, to serve
Woman&Home's Vanity Edit: New makeup, skincare, and beauty products we love this week
We underscore the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from whimsical collections to astrology-inspired eyeshadow. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
International Women’s Day: shop with a cause with these brands’ charitable initiatives
To honor this global holiday, we've created a curation that reframes shopping as an effective vehicle for systemic change
By Dominique McIntee •
The EXACT Mood lighting you need to maximize your chances of getting laid
How you can easily increase your likelihood of having sex, according to a study...
By Selina Maycock •