- 200ml (7fl oz) white wine
- 300ml (1/2) double cream
- 2tbsp cornflour
- large bunch fresh dill, finely chopped
- 250g (9oz) raw prawns
- 250g (9oz) hot smoked salmon
- 250g (9oz) smoked haddock
- 250g (9oz) hot smoked haddock
- beaten egg, to glaze
- 350g (12oz) all-butter puff pastry
- You will need
- 1.5 litre (2 3/4pt) pie dish
Preheat the oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Pour the wine into a pan, bring to the boil, then simmer until it reduces by half. Remove from the heat and add the cream. Mix the cornflour with a little water to make a paste, add to the cream mixture and bring back to the boil until thickened. Stir in the dill and add some black pepper.
Put all the fish in the pie dish and pour over the sauce. Brush the egg around the dish rim to help the pastry stick. Top with the pastry, then glaze and decorate as you like – we decorated with fish. Bake for 40 minutes or until brown and bubbling. Serve with our French-style peas.