- Slice the pork to the thickness of a pound coin and season. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over a medium high heat, brown the pork on both sides then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Turn down the heat slightly, add the butter to the pan, allow to melt then add then add the mushrooms. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until lightly browned, remove from the pan and set aside. Add the onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened and golden, add the porcini mushroom with the strained soaking liquor and the cider, bring to the boil then allow to simmer and reduce by half.
- Stir in the cream, add the mushrooms and pork, cook until heated through, stir in the tarragon and season to taste.
- 450g (1lb) British free-range pork fillet
- ½ tbsp sunflower or rapeseed oil
- 25g (1oz) butter
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 250g (9oz) chestnut mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 10g porcini mushroom, soaked in 150ml (¼pt) warm water
- 250ml (9fl oz) dry cider
- 200ml (7fl oz) double cream
- small handful tarragon leaves, finely chopped
Sign up to our free daily email for the latest royal and entertainment news, interesting opinion, expert advice on styling and beauty trends, and no-nonsense guides to the health and wellness questions you want answered.
Katie McLelland is a food stylist, chef, recipe developer, home economist, eater- and everything in-between. She specialises in creating recipes for social media channels to editorial and advertising content as well as the occasional bread, cake, pudding and menus in real life.
Katie is also a home economist for film and TV. Current projects including Cooking with the Stars (South Shore), Matilda (Poppet Productions), Landscapers (Sister), This Sceptered Isle (Revolution Films) and The Great season 2 (Yekaterina Uk ltd).
Chocolate and hazelnut roulade
This chocolate and hazelnut roulade comes with an optional Baileys Irish cream liqueur filling for an extra, festive twist
By Jen Bedloe Published
This no-bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 40 minutes to prepare
By Jess Meyer Published
Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline
Serve this rich Chocolate torte with Baileys cream and salted praline for a festive dessert that makes a popular alternative to Christmas pudding
By Jen Bedloe Published
Queen Maxima is the epitome of autumnal chic as she braves rain in cream dress with chestnut brown accessories
Queen Maxima didn't let the wind and rain stop her from looking incredible as she stepped out in cream and brown
By Caitlin Elliott Published
Kate Middleton's cosy oatmeal knitted co-ord and pearl earrings is the latest royal look to top our autumn/winter wishlist
Kate Middleton's oatmeal knitted co-ord was a departure from her bold suits and she paired the cosy outfit with a pair of stunning earrings
By Emma Shacklock Published
Gillian Anderson looks so chic sporting one of autumn’s biggest trends
Denim is *the* fabric to be wearing this autumn
By Madeline Merinuk Published