- 2 x 400g canned peach halves in natural juice
- 200g (7oz) blackberries (fresh or frozen)
- FOR THE CRUMBLE
- 75g (3oz) light muscovado sugar
- 50g (2oz) blanched almonds, finely chopped
- 2tbsp rolled oats
- 1tsp baking powder
- 2tsp ground ginger
- 65g (2½oz) butter
- 75g (3oz) plain flour
- YOU WILL NEED
- A medium baking dish, buttered.
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. To make the topping, mix together the sugar, almonds, oats, baking powder and ginger. Crumble the butter into the flour to make pea-sized pieces, then mix everything together.
Drain the peaches and cut into large chunks. Place in the dish, top with the blackberries then spoon over the topping. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is bubbling at the edges.