By Rose Fooks
This chicken dish is a spin on the classic coq au vin, using roasted grapes for full-on flavour combinations.
In this warming, summery one-pot chicken recipe we've used a slow cooking method with wine to help intensify the flavours. It's definitely worth the wait though and while it's cooking, wonderful flavours will fill your kitchen. We think it's one of the best things about a dish like this.
It's also easy to make and will be a real winner at an outdoor dinner party or function, as it's served in (as the name would suggest) one-pot so it's minimal fuss and less to clear up at the end.
This one-pot chicken dish is also a great go-to if you've got any leftover chicken from your roast dinner, as you can blend it with the wine and some veg for a delicious flavoursome soup.
- Preheat the oven to 180C/Gas 4. Heat the butter in a casserole dish and add the onion and leek. Fry for 10mins until softened, the add the garlic and cook for a further minute. Add the carrot and celery and cook for another minute. Place the chicken in the pot and pour over the wine and stock.
- Cover and cook in the oven for 1hr, until the chicken is tender. 15mins before the chicken is ready: remove the chicken dish and turn the chicken so the other side cooks in the juices. Place the grapes on a tray and drizzle over a little olive oil and bake in the same oven as the pot for 15mins, then heat the butter in a small saucepan and fry the sage until crispy.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and stir in the Dijon mustard and the cream, top with the grapes, nuts and crispy sage and serve.
- 2tbsp butter
- 1 whole chicken
- 1 onion, peeled an cut into wedges
- 1 leek, finely sliced into chunks
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced into chunks
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 400ml good quality white wine
- 400mls chicken stock
- 2tsp Dijon mustard
- 100ml cream
- 100g sage
- 30g butter
- 250g grapes (red or white)
- 30g roasted macadamia nuts, to serve
Top Tip for making One-pot chicken with wine
Classic twist on a Sunday roast! Use up your leftovers: remove any meat from the bone and blitz it up with the sauce and veg for the perfect chicken soup
No mask, no problem at the Oscars: Academy Award guests will not be required to wear face coverings on camera
Here are the rules
By Danielle Valente •
You'll never guess how Kate Winslet's daughter has hidden her connection to her mother
Kate Winslet's daughter has decided to take up acting but used this one clever way to hide their connection
By Rylee Johnston •
The Jury has officially delivered a verdict for the Derek Chauvin trial
The jury has officially come to a unanimous decision for Derek Chauvin's trial over the murder of George Floyd
By Rylee Johnston •