By Jane Curran
Mushroom paté is a rich and indulgent veggie starter. We’ve used three different mushrooms in our mushroom paté recipe, which gives it great depth of flavour. This flavour packed paté is best served with either melba toast or crostini as either a dinner party or Christmas starter, or at a buffet. This irresistible mushroom paté can be prepared in advance, saving you time on the day. Porcini mushrooms have a strong, nutty flavour and are popular in Italian cuisine. To make more of this fantastic ingredient, try the mushrooms mixed into a butter, served on steak, or include in a pasta sauce.
HOW TO MAKE MUSHROOM PATÉ
- 30g dried porcini mushrooms
- 50g butter, plus around 125g for the top of the pâté
- 3 echalion shallots, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 450g chestnut mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 300g white closed cap mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 2 bunches tarragon, finely chopped
- 120g cream cheese
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- ½tsp smoked paprika
- bay leaves and thyme
- Soak the porcini in boiling water until softened, about 20 mins, then strain through a sieve.
- Melt a knob of butter in a pan and sauté the porcini for a few minutes, then set aside. Put the shallots and garlic in the same pan and cook until softened. Set aside.
- Now sauté the remaining mushrooms in batches, adding butter when needed until they are cooked. Put into a bowl and add all the remaining ingredients. Whizz in a processor with seasoning. Put into a pâté dish. Melt the 125g butter and pour over the top, leaving the milky solids in the pan. Arrange the herbs in the butter. Chill in the fridge; serve with toasts or crostini.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •