Nutrition per portion
- 6 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5tbsp red wine vinegar, plus a little extra to drizzle
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 16 lamb cutlets, French trimmed (ask your butcher to do this)
- a little chopped fresh mint
- mixed beans and crusty bread, to serve
Pound the rosemary and garlic together in a pestle and mortar until you have a rough paste, then stir through the vinegar, olive oil and a generous grinding of pepper. Tip into a non-metallic bowl or freezer bag, add the lamb cutlets and stir to coat. Marinate for at least 30 minutes, or up to overnight.
When ready to cook, heat the grill to high and line a roasting tin with foil, placing a rack on top (you’ll thank us when you do the washing up!). Lay the lamb cutlets so their bones are facing outwards, sprinkle generously with sea salt and grill on each side for 3 to 5 minutes, depending on how pink you like them. Serve with mixed beans (we used runners, mangetout and sugar snaps), drizzled with a little red wine vinegar and sprinkled with chopped mint, and crusty bread.