Fancy a curry but trying your best to be healthy? With this low calorie recipe, you can get all the taste of a classic creamy chicken korma without any of the guilt – so there’s no need to miss out on curry night. In fact, it’s so tasty that it may just replace your usual curry recipe.
This curry recipe is made healthier by switching cream for Greek yogurt, which helps to lighten up the calories and fat but doesn’t compromise on the creamy flavour. With coconut, toasted flaked almonds, garlic and ginger to ramp up the flavour even more, this dish is really special. So whether you want a week night favourite or something to try for a treat at the weekend, it’s a great one to try this week.
This recipe serves four, so it’s the perfect family meal.
HOW TO MAKE LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN KORMA
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tbsp korma paste (we used Patak's)
- 1tsp each chopped garlic and ginger
- 300g (10oz) chicken breasts, diced
- 100g (4oz) 2% Greek yogurt
- ½tsp sugar
- desiccated coconut, toasted flaked almonds and coriander, to serve
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in the oil on a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and 100ml (4fl oz) water, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the chicken, add to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, then add 100ml (4fl oz) water, bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir through the yogurt and sugar, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- To serve, stir through a little coconut, season and serve garnished with more coconut, almonds and coriander.
Princess Anne, Camilla and Zara Tindall's hats at Royal Ascot compliment one another perfectly–and are very on-trend!
The royals arrived at the first day of Royal Ascot horse races and the family looked perfectly on trend as they seemingly co-ordinated their looks
By Laura Harman •
The TV show the Queen loved to watch while coping with the death of Prince Philip
The Queen is said to be a big fan of this British TV favorite
By Caitlin Elliott •
What are the symptoms of shingles, and does shingles make you tired?
Wondering if shingles are making you tired? Here's everything you need to know about the infection
By Woman and Home •