Fancy a curry but trying your best to be healthy? With this low calorie recipe, you can get all the taste of a classic creamy chicken korma without any of the guilt – so there’s no need to miss out on curry night. In fact, it’s so tasty that it may just replace your usual curry recipe.
This curry recipe is made healthier by switching cream for Greek yogurt, which helps to lighten up the calories and fat but doesn’t compromise on the creamy flavour. With coconut, toasted flaked almonds, garlic and ginger to ramp up the flavour even more, this dish is really special. So whether you want a week night favourite or something to try for a treat at the weekend, it’s a great one to try this week.
This recipe serves four, so it’s the perfect family meal.
HOW TO MAKE LIGHTENED-UP CHICKEN KORMA
- In a saucepan, cook the onion in the oil on a low heat for 5 minutes. Add the curry paste, garlic, ginger and 100ml (4fl oz) water, and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season the chicken, add to the pan and fry for 2 minutes, then add 100ml (4fl oz) water, bring to a gentle simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes. Stir through the yogurt and sugar, and simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- To serve, stir through a little coconut, season and serve garnished with more coconut, almonds and coriander.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2tbsp oil
- 2tbsp korma paste (we used Patak's)
- 1tsp each chopped garlic and ginger
- 300g (10oz) chicken breasts, diced
- 100g (4oz) 2% Greek yogurt
- ½tsp sugar
- desiccated coconut, toasted flaked almonds and coriander, to serve
The EXACT Mood lighting you need to maximize your chances of getting laid
How you can easily increase your likelihood of having sex, according to a study...
By Selina Maycock •
Line of Duty star reveals serious season 6 twist - are you ready for this?
This is one twist we didn’t see coming...
By Emma Shacklock •
Why does Gabrielle cover one eye and what are the effects of ptosis?
Gabrielle was recently un-masked on The Masked Singer
By Georgia Farquharson •