For a pasta salad recipe with a healthy twist, give this green pasta salad a go and reap the benefits.
Using orzo as a pasta base, there are plenty of green veggies in this courgette recipe to give it that satisfying green colour. And if you’re looking to up your nutrient intake then this one is great – with green beans that are full of protein and vitamins A, B, K and B6, while courgettes are a great source of vitamin K and vitamin C. Capers are flower buds that are low in calories and high in anti-oxidants and flavanoids.
Another green element to this colourful salad is avocados, which are full of healthy fats that help your hair and skin look great.
As you can make this salad up in advance, it’s a great one to try if you’re looking to make lunch up for the next day or want to prepare side dishes for dinner parties ahead of time.
HOW TO MAKE GREEN PASTA SALAD
- Cook the pasta in plenty of boiling salted water until tender. Drain, run it under cold water, toss away any excess water then add the oil and stir well. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil and blanch the beans for 2 minutes. Run under cold water, then chop into small pieces.
- Using a ribbon peeler, cut the courgettes into ribbons.
- Combine all the ingredients together, season well with salt and pepper and serve.
- 250g orzo
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200g green beans
- 3 medium courgettes, trimmed
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 150g pitted green olives, sliced
- 3tbsp small (non pareil) capers
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 avocados, chopped
- 5tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •