By Jane Curran
Looking for a delicious savoury tart recipe this week? With creamy goats’ cheese and green veggies, this would make a delicious light dinner option this week.
HOW TO MAKE GOATS' CHEESE TART WITH GREENS
- 375g all-butter shortcrust pastry
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 large free-range egg yolks, beaten
- 200ml double cream
- 100g frozen petits pois, thawed
- 100g broad beans, outer skin removed
- 150g soft goats’ cheese log, sliced
- a few sprigs of lemon thyme
you will need
- a 23cm loose-based fluted flan tin, lightly oiled, foil and baking beans
- Roll out the pastry and line the tin, leaving an overhang, then chill for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a sauté pan and gently soften the onion for about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Line the pastry case with foil and fill with baking beans, then blind bake for 20 minutes until the pastry begins to look golden around the edges.
- Remove the foil and baking beans then bake for 10 minutes until the case is golden all over. If there are any cracks in your pastry, just brush with beaten egg and bake for a further 5 minutes to seal. Trim off the overhanging pastry with a serrated knife.
- Turn down the oven to 130C fan, gas 2.
- In a small bowl, mix the egg yolks with the cream then season. Scatter the onion, peas and broad beans over the base of the pastry case, fill with the cream mixture and top with slices of the goats’ cheese. Bake in the centre of the oven for 40 minutes until the filling has set.
- Scatter over the thyme leaves. Serve warm or at room temperature with a green salad. It’s best eaten on the day it’s made.
No mask, no problem at the Oscars: Academy Award guests will not be required to wear face coverings on camera
Here are the rules
By Danielle Valente •
You'll never guess how Kate Winslet's daughter has hidden her connection to her mother
Kate Winslet's daughter has decided to take up acting but used this one clever way to hide their connection
By Rylee Johnston •
The Jury has officially delivered a verdict for the Derek Chauvin trial
The jury has officially come to a unanimous decision for Derek Chauvin's trial over the murder of George Floyd
By Rylee Johnston •