By Jane Curran
Gnocchi with crispy chorizo and broccoli is a quick and easy week night meal that is packed with flavour. The combination of spicy chorizo, creamy crème fraiche and cheese is so luxurious, with the fresh crunch of broccoli to lighten things up. Chorizo is a coarse and spicy pork sausage that is popular in Spanish and Mexican cuisine. It can be bought either as a whole cooking chorizo or as a cured dried sausage, sometimes thinly sliced, which is ready to eat. For this recipe, make sure you get the softer variety, which is ready to crisp up and release it’s flavourful oils as it cooks. Cured chorizo, however, makes a delicious addition to a charcuterie board or antipasti platter. Gnocchi are Italian potato dumplings that have a soft, pillowy texture and are so quick and easy to cook. You can make your own gnocchi if you’re feeling adventurous, but most supermarkets stock pre-made varieties that do the job. Check the fresh pasta aisle to find them.
- 3 cooking chorizo sausages (about 200g)
- 200g Tenderstem broccoli, trimmed and halved
- 400g fresh potato gnocchi
- 4tbsp crème fraîche
- 3tbsp freshly grated Parmesan
- Put a large pan of salted water on to boil. Meanwhile, slice the chorizo sausages and fry until crispy. Drain on kitchen towel to absorb the extra oil. Cook the broccoli in the boiling water until just tender and remove with a slotted spoon.
- Cook the gnocchi in the same water – they take about 3-4 mins, but check package instructions, then drain and return to the pan. Stir in all the ingredients and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve immediately.
Heartbreaking news for Adele as she loses father to cancer battle
Adele has lost her father.
By Caitlin Elliott •
Shop the secret sale featuring one of Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez's favorite designer bags
Meghan Markle and Jennifer Lopez have been seen sporting this well-known brand
By Rylee Johnston •
This TikTok ab dance is going viral—but you should know this before you try it
Read before attempting!
By Danielle Valente •