Finding a FODMAP recipe for lunch that’s healthy, fits into your diet and still tastes great can be tricky. It’s hard not to get stuck in the same salad and sandwich rut, but lunchtimes don’t have to be boring. So why not try a lunch option that’s just as simple and quick to make, but is warming, hearty and packed with flavour?
Fishcakes are a really healthy meal and when they’re this simple to make, it means sticking to your diet is that bit easier. These simple FODMAP friendly fishcakes are made with fresh haddock and served with healthy veggie mash and greens, so getting your five a day and fish portions couldn’t be tastier.
This recipe serves six, so it’s enough to feed the whole family or keep you going for a lunch for a few days. Try it for a deliciously filling lunch choice, or as a lighter evening meal that all the family will love. Delicious served with a little mayonnaise or plain lactose-free yoghurt, speckled with a few chilli flakes.
HOW TO MAKE FODMAP HADDOCK FISHCAKES
Recipe from The FODMAP Friendly Kitchen -available from Amazon
- To make the mash, peel the butternut squash and celeriac, cut into small chunks and boil for 8–10 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash with the butter, seasoning to taste.
- WhilIn a food processor, blend the haddock (make sure the skin is off) with the mustard, dill, thyme and a pinch of salt and pepper. Process until the fish is minced and mixed well with the herbs. Roll into 4–6 small patties.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan on a medium heat. Sear the fish cakes for 3minutes on each side or until cooked through. In the last minute, add the spinach to the pan and wilt.
- Spoon onto plates, followed by a dollop of mash and a haddock fishcake.
- 1/2 butternut squash
- 1/2 celeriac
- 2 tbsp lactose-free butter
- 2 large haddock fillets (roughly 350g)
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped dill
- 1 tbsp chopped lemon thyme
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g of spinach
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •