This posh version of a pasty would make the perfect dinner party main - comfort food that looks amazing, what more could you ask for?
HOW TO MAKE FILLET STEAK AND STILTON PASTIES
John Whaite has created a series of recipes, designed to encourage everyone to rise up and join the baking revolution duringNational Baking Week (14th-20thOctober 2013). Visit www.nationalbakingweek.co.uk for more baking recipes, hints and tips
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Ready Rolled All Butter Puff Pasty Sheets (thawed if frozen)
- 2 small fillet steaks of beef, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 80g stilton cheese
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small egg, beaten to glaze
- Pyrex Non Stock Metal Baking Tray
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7. Place the beef and chopped onion in to Pyrex Mixing Bowl and crumble in the stilton.
- Then stir through the chopped mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and the olive oil
- Unroll the Jus-Rol Pastry and slice in half across the width, so you end up with two rectangles of pastry.
- Place half of the filling into the centre of one rectangle and egg wash one edge, then fold the other edge over the filling and press to seal.
- With a sharp knife, carefully round off the sealed edge, then crimp this or squash down tight a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
Egg wash the tops of the pasties. Place them onto a Pyrex Baking Tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffy and a deep golden brown.
Holly Willoughby stuns in pretty striped co-ord—the perfect summer outfit that flatters all shapes
Holly Willoughby looked amazing on This Morning in the perfect spring co-ord skirt and top
By Laura Harman •
Prince Charles says Prince Philip's death left an 'empty seat' at the royal family's table as he gives heartbreaking nod to his father
Prince Charles looked emotional as he mentioned the loss of his father
By Caitlin Elliott •
Queen supported by Prince Charles as they face heartbreaking detail at first major royal appearance since Prince Philip’s death
The Queen and Prince Philip traditionally attended this important engagement together
By Emma Shacklock •