This posh version of a pasty would make the perfect dinner party main - comfort food that looks amazing, what more could you ask for?
HOW TO MAKE FILLET STEAK AND STILTON PASTIES
John Whaite has created a series of recipes, designed to encourage everyone to rise up and join the baking revolution duringNational Baking Week (14th-20thOctober 2013). Visit www.nationalbakingweek.co.uk for more baking recipes, hints and tips
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Ready Rolled All Butter Puff Pasty Sheets (thawed if frozen)
- 2 small fillet steaks of beef, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 80g stilton cheese
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small egg, beaten to glaze
- Pyrex Non Stock Metal Baking Tray
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7. Place the beef and chopped onion in to Pyrex Mixing Bowl and crumble in the stilton.
- Then stir through the chopped mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and the olive oil
- Unroll the Jus-Rol Pastry and slice in half across the width, so you end up with two rectangles of pastry.
- Place half of the filling into the centre of one rectangle and egg wash one edge, then fold the other edge over the filling and press to seal.
- With a sharp knife, carefully round off the sealed edge, then crimp this or squash down tight a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
Egg wash the tops of the pasties. Place them onto a Pyrex Baking Tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffy and a deep golden brown.
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •