This posh version of a pasty would make the perfect dinner party main - comfort food that looks amazing, what more could you ask for?
HOW TO MAKE FILLET STEAK AND STILTON PASTIES
John Whaite has created a series of recipes, designed to encourage everyone to rise up and join the baking revolution duringNational Baking Week (14th-20thOctober 2013). Visit www.nationalbakingweek.co.uk for more baking recipes, hints and tips
- 1 x 320g Jus-Rol Ready Rolled All Butter Puff Pasty Sheets (thawed if frozen)
- 2 small fillet steaks of beef, chopped into 1cm cubes
- 1 small red onion, very finely chopped
- 80g stilton cheese
- 4 chestnut mushrooms, finely chopped
- Small handful fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ beef stock cube
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small egg, beaten to glaze
- Pyrex Non Stock Metal Baking Tray
- Preheat the oven to 220C/200C fan/gas mark 7. Place the beef and chopped onion in to Pyrex Mixing Bowl and crumble in the stilton.
- Then stir through the chopped mushrooms, parsley, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce and stock cube, and the olive oil
- Unroll the Jus-Rol Pastry and slice in half across the width, so you end up with two rectangles of pastry.
- Place half of the filling into the centre of one rectangle and egg wash one edge, then fold the other edge over the filling and press to seal.
- With a sharp knife, carefully round off the sealed edge, then crimp this or squash down tight a fork. Repeat with the remaining pastry and filling.
Egg wash the tops of the pasties. Place them onto a Pyrex Baking Tray and bake in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the pastry is puffy and a deep golden brown.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Shirley Ballas exclusive interview with woman&home magazine, 'My beauty routine isn’t full of expensive lotions and potions'
Shirley Ballas, Strictly Come Dancing's head judge, opens up about her second job, her secrets to looking good and staying in shape
By Gemma Calvert • Published
Working from home tips: simple ways to make sure you're still productive
These simple working from home tips are easy to implement and should make your daily tasks a lot easier to achieve
By Amy Hunt • Published
February new moon 2022—new moon in Aquarius says it's time to look at the bigger picture
February new moon 2022 in Aquarius says it’s time to start working on the vision board—here's what that means for your star sign
By Maria Sofia Marmanides • Published