- 700g (1lb 9oz) floury potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 400g (14oz) frozen peas
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½tbsp ground coriander
- 2tsp lemon zest and 2tbsp plain flour
- 2 large free-range eggs and 1 egg yolk
- small handful coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 300g (10oz) Greek yogurt
- small bunch mint leaves, chopped
- sunflower oil, for shallow frying
Cook the potatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain, mash then set aside to cool. Cook the peas for 3 minutes in boiling water, drain and set aside.
Add the onion, garlic, ground coriander, zest, flour, eggs and fresh coriander to the potatoes, mix, then stir though the peas. In a small bowl, mix the yogurt with the mint; season.
With two dessertspoons, take almost a heaped spoonful of the fritter mixture then, using the other spoon, smooth and make a nugget shape. Leave to firm up in the fridge.
- Heat the oil in a wok and cook the fritters in batches, then drain on kitchen paper. Serve immediately with the minty yogurt, or reheat later in a hot oven.
Kate Garraway shares husband Derek's sweet birthday message in Covid-19 recovery update
Kate Garraway has updated fans on her husband Derek's recovery from Long Covid as she celebrates her 54th birthday
By Emma Dooney •
The reason Prince William and Kate Middleton sleep separately when traveling by train has been revealed
Prince William and Kate Middleton never share a bed when aboard the Queen's iconic royal train
By Emma Dooney •
Martin Compston responds to *that* Line of Duty season 6 finale amidst fan disappointment
Martin Compston has also revealed a very surprising pact with his co-workers…
By Emma Shacklock •