By Jane Curran
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE TORTE
- 500g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 4tbsp rum, brandy or Kahlúa
- 8 large eggs
- 100g golden caster sugar
- chocolate curls, to decorate (for our step-by-step guide to making your own,
see our video
- crystallised violets, to decorate
- half-fat creme fraiche or Greek yogurt, to serve
For the ganache
- 250g dark chocolate, broken into squares
You will need
- a 20cm spring-form cake tin, lined with baking parchment
- Heat the oven to 220C, gas 7. Melt the dark chocolate, butter and rum in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of gently simmering water.
- Meanwhile, put the eggs and sugar into a very large bowl and whisk together with an electric mixer for 5 minutes, until the mixture is light and has tripled in volume. Fold in the melted chocolate mixture. You'll need to whisk it again to incorporate all the mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin and bake for 10 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven and cool for 30 minutes, before putting it into the fridge. Chill for several hours.
- For the ganache, put the chocolate in a heatproof bowl with 100ml water. Set over a pan of barely simmering water and heat until melted, mixing regularly. Pour and spread over the cooled cake. Add chocolate curls and sprinkle with crystallised violets.
- To serve, cut into small portions with a hot, dry knife and accompany with half-fat creme fraiche or Greek yogurt. The cake can be kept in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Who is in the Unforgotten series 4 cast and what can we expect from the new series of the ITV drama?
The fourth series of the ITV drama Unforgotten finally returns tonight
By Laura Harman •
Olivia Munn just shared her go-to skincare products, including a $6 body scrub
We love a celebrity beauty recommendation, especially when it's as affordable as this one from Olivia Munn
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Why Cameron Diaz has quit acting for good
The Hollywood actress admits she's retired from the big screen
By Selina Maycock •