By Jane Curran
Chicken fried rice with mangetout is a speedy midweek meal that’s packed with Asian flavours. This easy recipe will become a household staple in no time at all, it’s so quick to make but so delicious, and uses ingredients you’ll likely have in the cupboards or fridge. We love the microwave ready pouches of rice, available in most supermarkets, as they are so quick and easy, but you could use regular cooked basmati rice instead. This recipe is so easy to adapt to ingredients you have in the house. You could use prawns instead of chicken for a twist on this chicken fried rice, or tofu to make it suitable for veggies. We’ve used crunchy mangetout in our recipe, but any green veg, such as sugar snaps, green beans, or broccoli, would work well too. Our chicken fried rice with mangetout is much healthier than anything you’d get from a takeaway, but has so much flavour that we think you’ll prefer it. It can be on the table in 30 mins too – quicker than most deliveries!
- Microwave the rice according to the instructions on the pack and set aside. Heat the oil in a wok and cook the onions for a few mins, until softened, then add the chicken and cook until browned and almost cooked through – around 5 mins.
- Add the spring onions and mangetout and cook over a high heat for a few mins. Add the remaining ingredients, except the coriander. Stir well to combine, check for seasoning then scatter over the coriander to serve.
- 200g pouch basmati rice
- 2tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 red onions, finely sliced
- 400g chicken breast fillets, cubed
- 8 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- 200g mangetout
- 2tbsp soy sauce
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1tbsp honey
- 4tbsp chopped fresh coriander
Woman & Home's Vanity Edit: Our favorite launches and products this week
We highlight the latest and greatest beauty heroes on the market, from ultra-thin eyeliners to magnetic mascaras. Here's what's currently in trend.
By Dominique McIntee •
Demi Lovato shares post calling out "transphobic" gender reveal parties
The star reposted the series of nine posts to her Instagram feed earlier this week
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Prince Harry reveals surprising opinion of Netflix show 'The Crown'
The prince has just been interviewed by James Corden for The Late Late Show
By Lucy Abbersteen •