By Jane Curran
If you like to cook everything in one pot, this is the dish for you. If you're worried about your cholesterol, with only 9g saturated fat, this is the dish for you. If you're craving European cuisine to contrast with the rain of England, this dish is for you. If you just fancy a hot, yummy meal, this is the dish for you. This all-in-one-tray dish combines the complementary flavours of chicken and chorizo with the added treat of olives as well. Set aside enough time to prepare, but you won't need to spend hours slaving awake in the kitchen - this meal takes just 45 minutes before it's oven-reday. The spices of the chorizo and paprika provide a bit of a kick for your dinner party, alternative Sunday lunch or even standard weekday dinner, and the whole dish would be set off wonderfully by a glass (or two) of red wine.
HOW TO A MAKE CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND OLIVE BAKE
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- 350g baby new potatoes
- 100ml sherry
- 2 x cans cherry tomatoes
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 130g pitted black olives
- ½ bunch ﬂat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down; brown evenly for 10 minutes. Set aside. Add the chorizo and onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and cayenne, cook for a further minute and set aside.
- Boil a pan of lightly salted water and cook the potatoes for 4 minutes. Strain and allow to steam-dry for several minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Add the potatoes to the casserole; fry in the chorizo oil for 5 minutes. Put the chorizo and onion mix back in the pan, pour in the sherry and reduce the liquid by half. Stir through the tomatoes and sugar, season and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and olives, then put in the oven, uncovered, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the chopped parsley and serve.
Meghan Markle has decided not to have a baby shower for this reason
No lavish celebrations this time around
By Danielle Valente •
Alex Rodriguez speaks out for the first time since J.Lo and Ben Affleck reunion
News of Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck has spread, and now Alex Rodriguez is finally saying something
By Rylee Johnston •
Celebrity-favorite brand Rag & Bone is having a huge secret sale right now
Saks Off 5th is having a secret sale on Rag & Bone, a celebrity-favorite of Katie Holmes, Jennifer Anniston, and Jennifer Garner
By Rylee Johnston •