By Jane Curran
If you like to cook everything in one pot, this is the dish for you. If you're worried about your cholesterol, with only 9g saturated fat, this is the dish for you. If you're craving European cuisine to contrast with the rain of England, this dish is for you. If you just fancy a hot, yummy meal, this is the dish for you. This all-in-one-tray dish combines the complementary flavours of chicken and chorizo with the added treat of olives as well. Set aside enough time to prepare, but you won't need to spend hours slaving awake in the kitchen - this meal takes just 45 minutes before it's oven-reday. The spices of the chorizo and paprika provide a bit of a kick for your dinner party, alternative Sunday lunch or even standard weekday dinner, and the whole dish would be set off wonderfully by a glass (or two) of red wine.
HOW TO A MAKE CHICKEN, CHORIZO AND OLIVE BAKE
- Heat the oil in a large casserole dish over a medium heat. Add the chicken, skin side down; brown evenly for 10 minutes. Set aside. Add the chorizo and onion, and cook for 5 minutes. Add the paprika and cayenne, cook for a further minute and set aside.
- Boil a pan of lightly salted water and cook the potatoes for 4 minutes. Strain and allow to steam-dry for several minutes.
- Heat the oven to 180C fan, gas 6. Add the potatoes to the casserole; fry in the chorizo oil for 5 minutes. Put the chorizo and onion mix back in the pan, pour in the sherry and reduce the liquid by half. Stir through the tomatoes and sugar, season and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chicken and olives, then put in the oven, uncovered, and cook for 25-30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Top with the chopped parsley and serve.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 6-8 skin-on, bone-in chicken thighs
- 200g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1tbsp smoked paprika
- ½tsp cayenne pepper
- 350g baby new potatoes
- 100ml sherry
- 2 x cans cherry tomatoes
- ½ tbsp caster sugar
- 130g pitted black olives
- ½ bunch ﬂat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
Who is in the Unforgotten series 4 cast and what can we expect from the new series of the ITV drama?
The fourth series of the ITV drama Unforgotten finally returns tonight
By Laura Harman •
Olivia Munn just shared her go-to skincare products, including a $6 body scrub
We love a celebrity beauty recommendation, especially when it's as affordable as this one from Olivia Munn
By Lucy Abbersteen •
Why Cameron Diaz has quit acting for good
The Hollywood actress admits she's retired from the big screen
By Selina Maycock •