By Jane Curran
Our cheese and pickle sausage roll is a guaranteed crowd pleaser at any party. Who doesn’t love a sausage roll? We’ve taken all the best bits and merged them into one sharing pastry. You’ll never look back. Make sure to buy really great sausage meat – that’s the highlight of this sausage roll. With the range of sausage meat out there in both supermarkets and butchers you’re bound to find lots of exciting fillings, it’s worth giving them all a try. This cheese and pickle sausage covers all the bases – it’s a perfect party snack sliced up and served on a platter, or transformed into lunch and light supper with a radish-based salad. For more easy entertaining recipes, have a look at our buffet and party food recipe collections.
HOW TO MAKE CHEESE AND PICKLE SAUSAGE ROLL
- Roll out the pastry to make a 30x22cm rectangle. Keep the trimmings for decoration. Put into the fridge while you make the filling.
- Pat out half the sausage meat to 30cm on a piece of baking parchment. This will make it easier to roll up.
- Spoon the pickle over the centre of the sausage meat then put a line of the cheese through the centre. Pat over the rest of the sausage meat.
- Use the parchment to roll it into a long sausage, keeping the cheese and pickle in the centre as much as possible.
- Brush the pastry edges with egg, then put the sausage in the centre and join the pastry together around it. Flip it over onto an oiled baking tray. Brush all over with the glaze then decorate and glaze again. Chill until ready to bake it.
- Heat the oven to 220C. Bake for 35 mins. Serve hot, at room temperature or cold.
- 375g all-butter puff pastry
- 600g pork sausage meat
- 3tbsp Branston Small Chunk Pickle
- 60g mature Cheddar, cut into long 1cm batons
- 1 beaten egg, to glaze
Sarah Jessica Parker and JLo's favorite reusable face mask has sold out 14 times
Even better? You can currently snap up more than 20% off the usual price tag
By Lucy Abbersteen •
A look at Highgrove House, Prince of Charles and Duchess Camilla's stunning Cotswolds retreat
Everything you need to know about Highgrove House, the home of Charles and Camilla
By Laura Harman •
Is This Is Us ending with Season 6? Everything we know so far
Everything we know about the This Is Us Season 6 release date, news, spoilers and more
By Lucy Abbersteen •