- 2 large free-range eggs, separated
- 100ml (4fl oz) double cream
- 100ml (4fl oz) whole milk
- 300g (10oz) soft goats' cheese, crumbled
- 75g (3oz) grated Parmesan (or use a vegetarian option)
- 4tbsp breadcrumbs
- for the salad
- 1tbsp walnut oil or olive oil
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented, with ½tbsp orange juice reserved
- 150g (5oz) cooked baby beetroot
- 75g (3oz) mixed salad leaves
- you will need
- 4 x 11cm (4in) buttered mini flan dishes
Heat the oven to 170C, 150C fan, 325F, gas 3. Beat the egg yolks, cream, milk, goats’ cheese and 50g (2oz) of the Parmesan; season. Whisk the egg whites until stiff; stir into the cheese mix. Divide between the dishes, sprinkle over the rest of the Parmesan and the breadcrumbs and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
Mix the oil and orange juice. When ready to serve, toss the beetroot, orange segments and salad leaves in the dressing.