If you’re after an Easter recipe that’s tried, tested and guaranteed to please every guest you’ve got coming this year, give this slow cooker lamb idea a go and you’ll not be disappointed. Using honey and camomile to flavour this tender meat, the lamb is roasted in the oven to bring out all those gorgeous juices.
HOW TO MAKE 5-HOUR SHOULDER OF LAMB WITH CAMOMILE AND HONEY
- 6 sprigs each rosemary, mint, thyme
- 3tbsp camomile flowers
- 1 shoulder lamb (around 1.6kg/3½lb)
- 6tbsp honey
- 500ml (18fl oz) hot chicken stock
- Heat the oven to 140 C, 120 C fan, 275 F, gas 1. Place 3 sprigs of each herb and half the camomile on the bottom of a roasting tin, season the lamb and sit it on top. Drizzle over half the honey and top with the remaining herbs and camomile, then pour in the stock. Cover the tin completely with a loose tent of foil, ensuring there's room over the top of the lamb, for air to circulate.
- Cook the lamb in the oven for 4 hours 30 minutes, then remove the foil, brush the herbs off the top and drizzle with the remaining honey. Increase the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4, then cook for another 30 minutes uncovered, until the skin is golden brown and blistering. Remove and rest on a board for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, strain and skim the fat off the pan juices, and serve spooned over the lamb, which should pull away easily from the bone with 2 forks.
- Serve with roast potatoes and spring greens.
Juneteenth 2021: when and how to celebrate the significant holiday
Everything you need to know for this year's Juneteenth
By Danielle Valente •
The Devil Wears Prada cast reunited to celebrate the film's 15-year anniversary
The Devil Wears Prada cast, including Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep, got together for the 15th anniversary of the film
By Rylee Johnston •
Schitt's Creek's Annie Murphy gives a voice to overlooked sitcom wives
The new AMC show takes a look at what would happen if the typical sitcom wife was allowed to speak up
By Rylee Johnston •