If you’re after an Easter recipe that’s tried, tested and guaranteed to please every guest you’ve got coming this year, give this slow cooker lamb idea a go and you’ll not be disappointed. Using honey and camomile to flavour this tender meat, the lamb is roasted in the oven to bring out all those gorgeous juices.
HOW TO MAKE 5-HOUR SHOULDER OF LAMB WITH CAMOMILE AND HONEY
- Heat the oven to 140 C, 120 C fan, 275 F, gas 1. Place 3 sprigs of each herb and half the camomile on the bottom of a roasting tin, season the lamb and sit it on top. Drizzle over half the honey and top with the remaining herbs and camomile, then pour in the stock. Cover the tin completely with a loose tent of foil, ensuring there's room over the top of the lamb, for air to circulate.
- Cook the lamb in the oven for 4 hours 30 minutes, then remove the foil, brush the herbs off the top and drizzle with the remaining honey. Increase the oven to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4, then cook for another 30 minutes uncovered, until the skin is golden brown and blistering. Remove and rest on a board for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, strain and skim the fat off the pan juices, and serve spooned over the lamb, which should pull away easily from the bone with 2 forks.
- Serve with roast potatoes and spring greens.
- 6 sprigs each rosemary, mint, thyme
- 3tbsp camomile flowers
- 1 shoulder lamb (around 1.6kg/3½lb)
- 6tbsp honey
- 500ml (18fl oz) hot chicken stock
The Dermstore Beauty Refresh Sale has arrived: here are the best deals to shop
Score limited-time deals with the promo code GLOWUP applied at checkout
By Dominique McIntee •
'Bachelor' host Chris Harrison says he regrets defending Rachael Kirkconnell's racism
Presenter of the Bachelor, Chris Harrison, states that he regrets defending Rachel Kirkconnell’s past racist actions
By Laura Harman •
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •