By Robyn Morris
Princess Beatrice may be forced to postpone her wedding to Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi due to the coronavirus outbreak.
- Princess Beatrice's wedding is due to take place on 29th May, but a Buckingham Palace source has announced that the couple are now 'reviewing plans' for their wedding.
- Changes were already made to the Queen's calendar earlier in the week, which sparked fears that the wedding won't go ahead.
- This follows royal news that the Queen has left London amid the COVID-19 outbreak.
Princess Beatrice and her fiancé Edoardo Mapelli Mozzi may be postponing their May wedding due to the coronavirus outbreak.
It comes as royal expert Rebecca English took to her Twitter page to reveal that a Buckingham Palace source said that the couple are 'reviewing plans' for their nuptials.
'Princess Beatrice Princess and her fiancé Edo are now reviewing plans for their May 29 wedding because of the #coronavirus pandemic,' she wrote on Twitter.
Rebecca then shared a statement from Buckingham Palace, which read, ‘Beatrice & Mr Mapelli Mozzi are very much looking forward to getting married but are equally aware of the need to avoid undertaking any unnecessary risks in the current circumstances.
'In line with government advice for the UK & beyond, the couple are reviewing their arrangements.
'They are particularly conscious of government advice in relation to both the wellbeing of older family members and large gatherings of people,' explained the statement. 'Therefore, the planned reception in the Buckingham Palace Gardens will not take place.
'The couple will carefully consider government advice before deciding whether a private marriage might take place amongst a small group of family and friends'.
The statement comes after the Queen, who turns 94 in April, already altered her diary in light of the coronavirus spread.
A statement from the palace read, 'As a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, a number of changes are being made to The Queen’s diary.
'Audiences due to take place this week at Buckingham Palace will go ahead as planned.
'These include receiving the Prime Minister, the Commanding Officer of HMS Queen Elizabeth and the Bishop of Hereford.
'Future Audiences will be reviewed on an ongoing basis, in line with the appropriate advice.'
Robyn is a celebrity and entertainment journalist and editor with over eight years experience in the industry. As well as contributing regular to woman&home, she also often writes for Woman, Woman's Own, Woman's Weekly and The Sun.
Custom bra shopping—9 important questions to ask before investing
A custom bra can be expensive, but they're definitely worth the investment
By Kate McCusker •
30 best Christmas gifts for grandparents 2021—thoughtful ideas for both Grandma and Grandpa that they'll love
Nothing says “I love you” better than the best Christmas gifts for grandparents picked by our shopping experts
By Dominique McIntee •