Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s spring tour postponed due to coronavirus pandemic

  • We earn a commission for products purchased through some links in this article.

  • Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s spring tour has been postponed due to the coronavirus.

    • Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s spring tour has been postponed amid fears surrounding the coronavirus, which has now been declared as a global pandemic.
    • The royal couple were scheduled to carry out a royal tour in just a matter of days to a number of European and Middle Eastern countries.
    • In other royal news, the Queen made a subtle nod to Princess Diana during her latest royal engagement and royal fans are loving it.

    Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla’s upcoming spring tour has been postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak.

    The heir apparent and his wife the Duchess of Cornwall were due to carry out their spring tour to the Republic of Cyprus and Jordan in just a few days time on Tuesday 17 March.

    The Prince of Wales was also set to to make a visit to Bosnia and Herzegovina during the royal tour trip.

    View this post on Instagram

    Tonight, The Prince of Wales attended a dinner in aid of the Australian bushfire relief and recovery effort, hosted by The Lord Mayor of the City of London. The Prince was devastated to hear of the bushfires, which began in September and caused the deaths of over 30 people, millions of wildlife and burned more than 12.6 million hectares of land. Tonight’s event is a partnership between the City of London Corporation and the Australian High Commission, with proceeds from the evening going to charities helping on the ground in Australia including @RedCrossAU. The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall are deeply committed to the Australian people and in a message of support recorded earlier this year, The Prince spoke of the “incredibly special and resilient” nation. Their Royal Highnesses have visited Australia many times, most recently in 2018. During his speech, The Prince also said: “At the very worst of times, we saw the very best of Australia – and knowing the Aussies, as I do after fifty-four years, that makes me very proud.” Follow the link in our bio to read The Prince of Wales’s speech from tonight in full. 🇦🇺

    A post shared by Clarence House (@clarencehouse) on

    However, Clarence House has now confirmed that the couple’s trip will have to be postponed indefinitely due to the outbreak of the coronavirus, which has now been declared a global pandemic.

    Confirming the news, a Clarence House spokesperson said, “Owing to the unfolding situation with the coronavirus pandemic, the British government has asked Their Royal Highnesses to postpone their spring tour to Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cyprus and Jordan”.

    The Prince and Duchess are expected to carry out alternative engagements throughout the UK during the time when they were meant to be on their royal tour.

    The Royal Family confirmed today that they are also rescheduling a number of engagements for the Queen.

    An official statement read, ‘As a sensible precaution and for practical reasons in the current circumstances, changes are being made to The Queen’s diary commitments in the coming weeks.

    MORE: Buckingham Palace prepares for emergency lockdown to protect the Queen

    In consultation with the Medical Household and Government, Her Majesty’s forthcoming visits to Cheshire and Camden will be rescheduled. Audiences will continue as usual. Other events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis in line with the appropriate advice’.

    Let’s hope the family stay safe amid the pandemic.

    Latest Stories

    NAV BUG FIX