Strictly Come Dancing bosses announce new coronavirus series
With the coronavirus pandemic putting this year’s series of Strictly Come Dancing at risk, good news for lovers of the show is on the horizon.
While it has not yet been confirmed whether the global health crisis will prevent the BBC One dance contest from going ahead, it has been reported that the lockdown measures currently gripping the UK is causing disruption in planning for the autumn launch of Strictly.
Luckily, whatever the outcome, loyal viewers of the glitter-filled programme won’t be going without this year.
Telly bosses have announced that a three-part special of the yearly show will go ahead, with hosts Claudia Winkleman and Tess Daly presenting from home.
The duo will also be joined by judges Shirley Ballas, Len Goodman, Bruno Tonioli and Motsi Mabuse as they reminisce on the best bits from the past 16 series.
Sounds like a must-watch!
READ MORE:This Strictly Come Dancing pro has quit the show
Kate Phillips, Controller of BBC Entertainment, said, "Strictly Come Dancing has produced so many magical and memorable moments in the movie, musical and Blackpool weeks – the three special episodes will look back and celebrate these, bringing some much needed Strictly sparkle to the nation."
While an air date has not yet been confirmed, it is thought that plenty of celebs and Strictly pros will also be getting involved from the comfort of their own homes, to help keep us entertained and give us our fix of ballroom glamour during lockdown.
This comes after judge Shirley Ballas gave an insight into the behind the scenes goings on amid fears the upcoming series of Strictly is in jeopardy.
“I spoke to Sarah, the executive producer, throughout the week,” the former professional dancer told Holly Willoughby and Phillip Schofield when she appeared on This Morning earlier this month.
“Of course you definitely don’t know what’s going to happen tomorrow, but I know they will definitely do everything in their power, if it’s conceivably possible, they will get that show on the air by September.”
Fingers crossed for Strictly 2020!
Princess Anne makes a case for 'pure 50s glamour' in gorgeous green outfit that has everyone saying the same thing
The Princess Royal's mint green dress coat and extravagant hat at a military parade in Winchester on Thursday has delighted royal fans
By Emma Dooney • Published
We love Kate Middleton’s sassy response to being told she’s lucky to have Prince William
Kate Middleton showed her sassy side when a friend described her as 'lucky'
By Robyn Morris • Published