Semifreddo is a delicious frozen dessert with a light, mousse-like texture. This recipe, flavoured with bottlegreen Pomegranate and elderflower cordial, takes just 20 minutes to make and only uses six ingredients.
For the most attractive finish we suggest slicing the semifreddo and serving with a scattering of extra pomegranate seeds and roasted, chopped pistachios.
It’s a good idea to roast nuts in bulk so you always have them on hand for future recipes. We recommend cooking on 180C/Gas 10 on a lined baking tray for 8-12 minutes. Keep a close eye on them and shake the tray regularly as they can quickly turn from golden to burnt.
- 2 egg whites
- 4 egg yolks
- 125ml Bottlegreen Pomegranate & Elderflower Cordial
- 250ml mascarpone
- 90g pomegranate seeds, plus extra for decoration
- 50g pistachio nuts, roasted and chopped
You will need
- 900ml loaf tin, line the base and sides with a single sheet of baking paper that overhangs
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff and set aside.
- Use an electric whisk to beat the yolks with half the cordial for about 10 mins, until the mixture is thick and foamy.
- Beat the mascarpone and remaining cordial until softly peaking. Fold the mixtures, pomegranate seeds and pistachios together.
- Pour into the tin and freeze until firm - at least 4 hrs.
- Run a knife along each short end then invert onto a serving plate and peel away the paper. Scatter over the extra pomegranate seeds and nuts for decoration.
Womanandhome.com created this recipe as part of a paid partnership with Bottlegreen.
Jessica is a Senior Food Writer at Future and is an enthusiastic, self-taught cook who adores eating out and sharing great food and drink with friends and family. She has completed the Level 1 Associate course at the Academy of Cheese and is continually building on her knowledge of beers, wines and spirits. Jessica writes food and drink related news stories and features, curates product pages, tests and reviews equipment and also develops recipes which she styles on food shoots.
These petite cakes are made even prettier with bottlegreen raspberry cordial icing and a sprinkle of dried rose petals
By Jessica Ransom • Published
Eton mess tart
We’ve turned a traditional British pudding into a gorgeous white chocolate tart. Summer puddings don’t get any better than this Eton Mess tart.
By Rosie Conroy • Published
A Very British Cheesecake
This very British Cheesecake with its very berry Union Jack design is perfect for any jubilee party or Great British celebration!
By Jane Curran • Published
Kraft Mac and Cheese ice cream is so popular it sold out everywhere in under an hour—here's where you can buy it
The cheesy flavor has been restocked after surprisingly popular demand, these are the stores where you can pick yours up!
By Rylee Johnston • Published
Dolly Parton has teamed up with Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams for a charitable sweet treat
Strawberry Pretzel Pie tastes good and does good
By Danielle Valente • Published
Chigs from Great British Bake Off hailed as ‘the real dessert’ by lovestruck viewers
Chigs from Great British Bake Off left fans swooning after winning Star Baker on last night's episode
By Emma Dooney • Published