Mocha chocolate Bundt cake gets its wow factor from the distinctive shape of the tin as the sponge recipe is actually very easy
- 125g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces
- 250g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 300g caster sugar
- 4 large free-range eggs
- 450g plain four
- 65g cocoa powder
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 1½tsp bicarbonate of soda
For the mocha glaze:
- 100g dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 15g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 1tbsp cocoa powder
- 50ml strong cofee, cooled
- 3tbsp golden syrup
You will need:
- 22x9cm Bundt tin (or Kugelhopf mould), greased and lightly dusted with cocoa powder, if not a silicone mould
- mini chocolate eggs, to decorate
The distinctive shape and great chocolaty taste of this Easter cake recipe makes it the perfect choice for any Easter celebration.
HOW TO MAKE MOCHA CHOCOLATE BUNDT CAKE
- Heat the oven to 170C, gas 3. Put the chocolate, butter, vanilla and 400ml hot water in a heavy-based saucepan over a low heat, allow to melt then mix to combine and set aside to cool slightly.
- Using an electric whisk, beat the sugar with the eggs until thick and creamy, then mix in the cooled chocolate mixture until just combined. In a separate bowl, mix the four with the cocoa powder, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda until combined, sift into the cake mixture and fold until smooth. Pour into the Bundt tin and bake for 55-60 minutes.
- For the glaze, put all the ingredients in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, allow to gently melt then mix to combine. Remove from the heat and set aside briefly to cool slightly and firm up. Drizzle over the cooled cake, allow to set, and fill the centre with mini chocolate eggs.
Get the best entertainment news, recipes, fashion, beauty and wellbeing advice for you. For FREE.Sign up
More Cake Recipes
More Chocolate Recipes
More Coffee Recipes