This dessert makes the perfect end to lunch for serious chocolate lovers
- melted butter, for greasing
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 150g (5oz) golden caster sugar
- 100g (4oz) dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa solids), melted
- 100g (4oz) unsalted butter, melted
- ½tsp vanilla extract and ½tsp sea salt
- 50g (2oz) plain flour, sifted
- clotted cream, to serve
- 6 dariole moulds or ramekins, around 6.5cm (2½in) in diameter
You can prepare the chocolate puddings a day ahead, then leave them in the fridge until needed. Just allow them to reach room temperature before baking
Heat the oven to 180C, 160C fan, 350F, gas 4. Brush the pudding moulds with melted butter, and set aside. Beat the eggs and sugar until pale, thick and creamy. Add the chocolate, butter, vanilla, salt and flour, and mix gently to combine.
Divide the mix between the moulds - each one two-thirds full. Place on a baking sheet on the middle shelf of the oven and cook for 6 to 8 minutes (or 8 to 10, if using ramekins). Remove from the oven, run a knife round the edges, invert and tip out on to serving plates. Serve immediately with clotted cream. We also served ours with a cherry dipped in a sugar syrup, or you can add cherries in kirsch from a jar.