Make the most of your seasonal strawberries with our delicious strawberry jam recipe
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) strawberries
- 1kg (2lb 4oz) preserving or granulated sugar
- Juice of 2 lemons
If you do not have a sugar thermometer, it is best to test for a set after the first 3-5 minutes and then every 2-3 minutes until setting point is reached. Remove the pan from the heat when testing for a set
1. Layer the hulled strawberries and sugar in a large china or glass bowl. Cover with cling film and leave in a cool place for 24 hours
2. Scrape the contents into the pan, add the lemon juice and bring slowly to the boil, stirring regularly until the sugar has dissolved. Boil rapidly until setting point is reached, skim thoroughly.
3. Pot into hot sterilized jars and seal