A delicious lamb dish that's full of flavour from the chickpea and pomegranate couscous
- 2 lamb fillets, trimmed
- 100g (4oz) couscous
- 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- ½ red onion, finely sliced
- 100g (4oz) pomegranate seeds
- 4tbsp finely chopped mint leaves
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 2tbsp red wine vinegar
- 150g (5oz) Greek yogurt (we used Total)
- 1-2tsp harissa, depending on taste
Depending on the brand, harissa pastes can vary in heat, so make sure you taste it before adding it to the yogurt.
Heat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6 and heat a frying pan. To cook the lamb, season the fillets, oil them lightly and seal on all sides for 2 minutes in the pan, before transferring to the oven and cooking for 8 to 10 minutes for pink to medium meat.
To make the couscous, cook it according to the pack instructions, then combine with the rest of the ingredients. To make the dressing, mix the yogurt with the harissa and season. When the lamb is cooked, leave it to rest for 5 minutes before serving with the couscous and dressing.