Serve up a potato salad with a difference, and add in caramelised red onions and roasted red peppers
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
- 3tbsp olive oil
- 500g (1lb 2oz) new potatoes, halved if large
- zest and juice 1 lemon
- 2 sprigs rosemary, leaves removed
- 1 to 2tbsp small (nonpareille) capers, drained and rinsed
Heat oven to 200 C, 180 C fan, 400 F, gas 6. Place the onion and pepper in a roasting tin, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of the oil and season well. Roast for 30 minutes, until the veg is slightly blackened and caramelised.
About 10 minutes into the cooking time, boil the potatoes in seasoned water for 15 to 20 minutes, until tender. Drain, allow to cool very slightly and combine with the roasted veg, the rest of the olive oil and all the other ingredients. Season well. Serve warm, or leave in the fridge overnight, then allow to come back to room temperature before serving.