No bake Baileys cheesecake is so easy to make and perfect for cream liqueur lovers, plus it takes just 30 minutes to prepare
- 225g oat biscuits, crumbed
- 110g butter, melted
For the creamy filling:
- 300g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 250ml double cream
- 3 eggs, separated
- 110g unrefined caster sugar
- 5tbsp Baileys Irish Cream
- 5 level tsp powdered gelatine
- 50g toasted hazelnuts, chopped
- handful chocolate curls, to decorate
You will need:
- 23cm (9in) spring-form tin, lightly oiled
To make chocolate curls, melt 75-100g dark chocolate onto a plastic chopping board or marble slab. Leave to set well, then drag the blade of a large, heavy knife towards you. Or you can use a veg peeler to shave pieces off a solid block of chocolate
Mix together the biscuit crumbs and melted butter. Press into the tin and chill.
Use an electric hand whisk to mix the cream cheese, double cream, egg yolks and sugar. Whisk in the Baileys. In a small bowl, let the gelatine “sponge” with a few tablespoons of water, then heat it gently over a pan of simmering water. Stir into the cream.
Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold into the cream mixture. Pour over the base, cover with clingfilm and chill overnight.
Decorate with chocolate curls, toasted hazelnuts and an extra glug of Baileys.