This easy curry recipe is perfect for summer
- 1tbsp sunflower oil
- 2tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2cm (¾in) piece fresh root ginger, grated
- 1 stalk lemongrass, finely chopped
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded
- 1 x 400g tin coconut milk
- 400g (14oz) raw, whole tiger prawns (from the freezer cabinet)
- 1 x 400g tin lychees, drained
- ½ medium fresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1tbsp Thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- juice 1 to 2 limes, to taste
- 2tbsp fresh coriander
Gently heat the oil in a sauté pan then add the curry paste. Cook for a minute or two, then add the ginger and lemongrass. Cook for a further minute, then add the lime leaves and coconut milk. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the prawns, lychees and pineapple. Once the prawns are pink and cooked through and the fruit is hot, add the fish sauce and lime juice to taste. Stir in the coriander and serve with Thai jasmine rice.