It’s meat free, packed with vegetables and is ready in under an hour – so probably much quicker than waiting for a take away too!
With turmeric and chilli powder to give this dish plenty of kick, you’ll just love this mixture of paneer cheese, spinach and peppers. It’s not a dish you’ll forget in a hurry and even serves four people, so it’s great for the whole family.
HOW TO MAKE SPINACH AND PANEER CURRY
- Heat a large frying pan. When hot, add the oil, season the paneer and fry until it’s golden brown and crisp on the outside. Remove and set aside.
- Add a touch more oil to the pan if necessary. Fry the onion, chillies, ginger and curry leaves gently until everything is soft. Add the turmeric and chilli powder and cook out for a couple of minutes, then add the tomatoes and peppers and cook for 10 to 15 minutes until the pepper is soft and the tomatoes have broken down.
- Add the spinach, coat in the sauce and allow to wilt down. Finally, stir through the cream to taste, adjust the seasoning and place the paneer back in the pan. Serve hot with paratha or other Indian breads.
- 1tbsp oil
- 1 x 227g pack paneer cheese, cut into 2.5cm (1in) cubes
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 2 green chillies, finely chopped
- thumb-sized piece ginger, grated
- handful curry leaves, crushed
- 2tsp each turmeric and chilli powder
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 red peppers, cubed
- 400g (14oz) spinach
- dash double cream
Jane Curran is a freelance food editor, stylist, writer and consultant based in Cape Town. Former food director of TI Media & woman&home. All about food, wine (dipWSET), gardening and the Arsenal.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Best Valentine's Day Movies to watch this February 14
Here is our list of best romantic movies to enjoy this Valentine's Day, from rom-coms to period dramas there's something for everyone
By Laura Harman • Published
Chinese New Year 2022—Year of the Water Tiger and the lunar celebration explained
Chinese New Year 2022 welcomes in the Year of the Water Tiger—here's everything to know about the celebration and its lunar connections
By Aoife Hanna • Published
Adele's Las Vegas set removal from Caesars Palace has ticketholders worried for future concerts
Adele postponed all of her Las Vegas residency dates last week
By Emma Dooney • Published