Our rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is a boozy showstopper that will wow all your guests.
Lemon and rosemary is a classic combination. The sourness of the lemon goes brilliantly with the floral flavours of the rosemary. Combined with gin, there’s nothing not to love. It’s most certainly a decadent cake made even more so by the homemade candied topping – this can be made ahead of time if you want to get yourself prepared. Be sure to grease your bundt tin well to ensure it’s easy removal. This rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze is sure to go down well with all who eat it.
- Heat the oven to 170C/Gas 4. Grease the Bundt tin using melted butter. Whisk together the butter, sugar, honey, egg and yogurt with the lemon zest, rosemary and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, sieve the our and baking powder. Fold the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Spoon the mixture into the tin, put on a baking tray and cook for 1 hr. Transfer to a wire rack.
- To make the syrup, put the sugar, lemon juice and gin, plus 80ml water, into a small saucepan and heat until the sugar has dissolved. While the cake is hot, brush the syrup all over the cake.
- To make the candied rosemary, dissolve 100g sugar in 25ml water. Put the remaining sugar on a plate. Coat the rosemary in the liquid and then roll in the sugar. Place on a piece of parchment paper to dry out.
- To make the candied lemon, heat the oven to 110C/Gas 1⁄4. Add the lemon slices to the sugar mixture you used for the rosemary and coat both sides. Place the lemon slices on baking parchment and bake in 1 hr.
- Check every 20 mins to make sure they aren’t burning. Once dry, remove any excess sugar and leave until ready to decorate.
- Make the icing by mixing the gin and icing sugar. Drizzle over the cake and place the candied rosemary and lemon on top.
- 300g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra for greasing
- 350g caster sugar
- 100g runny honey
- 4 eggs
- 300g Greek yogurt
- zest of 3 large lemons
- 1tsp fresh rosemary leaves, chopped
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 450g plain flour
- 2tsp baking powder
- for the syrup:
- 80g sugar
- 2tbsp lemon juice
- 1tbsp gin
- for the icing:
- 2tbsp gin
- 200g icing sugar, sifted
- for the candied rosemary and lemon:
- 200g sugar
- 4-6 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 lemons, thinly sliced
- you will need:
- 25 x 10.2 cm Bundt tin, we love Nordic Ware
Top Tip for making Rosemary and lemon bundt with gin glaze
You can make the candied rosemary and lemon ahead of time – simply store in an airtight container until ready to use
Jessica is a Senior Food Writer at Future and is an enthusiastic, self-taught cook who adores eating out and sharing great food and drink with friends and family. She has completed the Level 1 Associate course at the Academy of Cheese and is continually building on her knowledge of beers, wines and spirits.
Jessica writes food and drink related news stories and features, curates product pages, tests and reviews equipment and also develops recipes which she styles on food shoots. Some career highlights for Jessica include chatting to one of her favourite food writers and chefs Sabrina Ghayour for an interview in Country Homes and Interiors and having the opportunity to meet the legendary Michel Roux Jr. and Raymond Blanc.
Friands with gooseberry and hazelnut
These friands with gooseberry and hazelnut make the most of the fruit's short season
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Make the most of the summer nights by spending them outside rather than in the kitchen with this easy one-pot chicken ratatouille
By Samuel Goldsmith •
Semifreddo with grilled peach, pistachio and amaretto
Semifreddo is a classic Italian dessert. We've given it a warm, boozy kick that goes perfectly with an after-dinner coffee.
By Samuel Goldsmith •
New Great British Sewing Bee host replacing Joe Lycett confirmed
Joe started as the Great British Sewing Bee host from 2019
By Caitlin Elliott •
Doctor calls for investigation into covid vaccines effect on the menstrual cycle
A medical expert has called for an investigation into the vaccine's effect on the menstrual cycle after 30,000 reported menstrual changes
By Laura Harman •
Elton John heartbroken as he's forced to reschedule tour after horrific injury
Elton John shared his pain as he broke the news in an official statement to fans on Thursday
By Rylee Johnston •