You can’t go wrong with a steak recipe if you’re entertaining and this recipe for griddled steaks with melted Stilton has all the elements for a successful dinner party recipe.
Stilton has such a distinct and hearty flavour and when melted into a sauce to accompany the steaks it really helps to keep them nice and moist. It feels like the sort of dish you’d get in a restaurant – so feels even more special when it’s cooked up at home.
We’ve seasoned the meat with garlic, salt and freshly ground black pepper too to really ramp up that flavour even more.
Steak is a great source of iron and can be served up with a variety of sides, depending on what you’re after. So whether you’re in the mood for a fresh green side salad, roasted tomatoes or even home cooked potatoes or chips, this recipe works perfectly.
This recipe serves six, so it’s great for feeding the whole family or if you’ve got a few guests coming over.
HOW TO MAKE GRIDDLED STEAKS WITH MELTED STILTON
- Preheat the barbecue or griddle to high. Mix together the chopped garlic, olive oil and seasoning and brush lightly over the meat.
- Cook the seasoned steaks over the hot barbecue for 2 to 4 minutes on each side (the exact time depends on how hot your barbecue is and how well you like your meat cooked).
- When cooked, add a knob of Stilton to each steak and serve with onion relish.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 sirloin steaks
- 100g (4oz) Stilton, divided into equal pieces
Top Tip for making Griddled Steaks with Melted Stilton
Light the barbecue an hour before you want to cook on it. There’s nothing more embarrassing – or dangerous – than a lukewarm barbie, which won’t deliver the heat you need to cook meat properly.
This 25% off Black Friday electric scooter discount is big enough to get me over my fear of looking like an idiot
I'll be zipping around in no time with this amazing Black Friday electric scooter deal – so who cares about age?
By Faye M Smith •
I think Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream should be compulsory over 30 - and it's 25% off for Black Friday
If you think there's no such thing as a perfect moisturiser, you've never met Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream
By Fiona McKim •
The HUGE discount on this sex toy for Black Friday is the push I need to finally give pegging a go
This Black Friday sex toy bargain is certainly tempting, that's for sure. But will it mean pegging is on the cards?
By Faye M Smith •