This delicious seafood bouillabaisse recipe takes less than half an hour to make, and you wouldn’t believe it because it looks so impressive. The vibrant red colour of the soup coming from tomato paste is a beautiful backdrop to the tiger shrimps and mussels: it’s like a red carpet for your luxurious dish! This is the perfect main course for a lavish dinner party, and it doesn’t take ages to prepare. Serve with warm garlic bread.
Looking for more ideas? We have plenty of other soup recipes to suit all budgets and occasions.
HOW TO MAKE FRENCH BOUILLABAISSE
Taken from The Paleo Diet by Daniel Green (Kyle Books; £14.99). Photography Clare Winfield.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat and fry the garlic for 30 seconds. Add the stock and tomato pastes and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Add all the fish and seafood and cook, uncovered, for 4-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked and the clams and mussels have opened. Discard any shells that remain closed.
- Serve with a scattering of chives and a twist of black pepper.
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 900ml fish stock
- 4 tbsp tomato paste
- 4 tbsp sun-dried tomato paste
- 200g skinless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 200g skinless monkfish fillet, cut into chunks
- 15 small scallops
- 16 tiger shrimp, peeled
- 20 clams
- 20 mussels
- a handful of chives, chopped
- freshly ground black pepper
Top Tip for making French Bouillabaisse
Scallops are almost 80% protein, plus they're a rich source of vitamin B12, magnesium, potassium and many other nutrients
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Prince Andrew left senior royal ‘white with rage’ after being accused of reducing his family to ‘the ranks of second-rate comedians’
Prince Andrew’s behavior lead to fears about him ‘destroying’ the monarchy’s reputation
By Emma Shacklock • Published
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry's podcast taken into Spotify's 'own hands' as the royal couple fail to produce anything in over a year
Spotify has 'finally taken matters into their own hands,' when it comes to Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's underperforming podcast
By Laura Harman • Published
Prince Charles fears Prince Harry’s memoir will cause ‘reputational damage’ to Camilla
Prince Charles has reportedly reached out to Prince Harry ahead of the book's release
By Emma Dooney • Published