If you’re after a super healthy dinner recipe that doesn’t compromise on flavour, give this delicious lamb recipe a try and you’ll have a healthy meal that tastes and looks great that you know is really good for you.
In this dish we’ve switched up your usual rice for a healthy cauliflower version to make it much lower in calories, so it’s a great diet friendly dish.
While coconut milk and oil mean the meat is full of delicious flavour – it’s a winner all round.
HOW TO MAKE COCONUT LAMB WITH CAULIFLOWER RICE
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 600g lamb, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 2 turnips, diced
- 800ml coconut milk
- 2 courgettes, halved lengthways and sliced
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander leaves
For the rice:
- 1 small head cauliflower
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Melt the coconut oil in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the onions are translucent. Add the lamb and sear before adding the tomatoes, turnips and coconut milk to the pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the cauliflower rice. Cut the core out of the cauliflower and discard. Place the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until it is a fine grain. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat and add the garlic. Cook for 5 minutes. Add the cauliflower and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until al dente.
- Add the courgettes to the pan with the lamb and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper, top with the coriander and serve over the cauliflower rice.
Chrissy Teigen's favorite concealer is a beauty splurge, but you'll definitely want one for your makeup bag
Dark circles, be gone!
By Danielle Valente •
Prince Harry reunited with his father and brother for two hours after Prince Philip’s funeral
The family reportedly talked away from the cameras at Windsor Castle
By Emma Shacklock •
Sharon Osbourne reveals she slapped Piers Morgan during a heated row
Sharon Osbourne has admitted she once hit Piers Morgan at a Chinese restaurant
By Emma Dooney •