- 4 large carrots, washed, peeled and coarsely grated
- ½ red onion, very finely sliced
- ½ red cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and finely sliced and tossed in juice of ½ lemon
- 150g (5oz) sultanas
- 50g (2oz) toasted pinenuts
- For the dressing
- 3tbsp Greek yogurt
- 3tbsp crème fraîche
- juice of 2 lemons
- 1½tbsp Dijon mustard
Put the carrot in a colander and squeeze out any excess moisture. Put the carrot, red onion, cabbage, apple, sultanas and half of the pinenuts into a large mixing bowl and toss together.
To make the dressing, combine all the ingredients in a bowl and pour over the slaw. Season and toss, ensuring all the dressing is distributed. Pour in a bowl and sprinkle with remaining pinenuts.