For a tasty Easter recipe that doesn’t require any baking, why not give this delicious cheesecake a go? White chocolate and lime make a really great pairing as the bitterness of the lime really offsets the sweetness of the white chocolate. While using ricotta in this cheesecake gives it a really creamy texture that’s much lighter for you than your usual cheesecake bases – so it’s a winner all round and will be the talk of your dinner party.
HOW TO MAKE WHITE CHOCOLATE, LIME AND PASSION FRUIT CHEESECAKE
For the base:
- 120g ginger nuts, crushed
- 50g butter, melted
For the cheesecake:
- 5 gelatine leaves
- 500g crème fraîche
- 100g caster sugar
- zest of 1 lime and 2tsp fresh lime juice
- sieved juice of 2 passion fruit
- 100g white chocolate, chopped
- 250g ricotta
- pulp of 2 passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest, to serve
You will need:
- An 18cm loose-based cake tin, oiled
- Mix the ginger nuts with the butter and press into the tin. Leave in the fridge while you prepare the filling.
- Soak the gelatine in cold water. Gently heat the crème fraîche and sugar until the sugar dissolves but keep stirring. Add the gelatine, lime zest and juice zest, and passion fruit juice; stir until the gelatine dissolves. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water. Whizz up the ricotta in a food processor then add the melted chocolate and crème fraîche mix. Pour over the base then set in the fridge overnight.
- To serve, put a hot cloth around the cheesecake tin to loosen it, pop onto a serving plate then return to the fridge for 20 minutes. When you’re ready, add the passion fruit, chocolate curls and lime zest.
Christmas Cake Tray Bake
For a quick and easy alternative to Christmas cake, try out this Christmas Cake Tray Bake. It's packed with all the delicious fruit you'd expect and is so quick!
By Samuel Goldsmith • Published
Burnt Basque Cheesecake with Mulberry sauce
Once we tried our first slice of burnt Basque cheesecake from San Sebastian, we knew it was love! We’ve paired ours with some seasonal berries for good measure.
By Rose Fooks • Published
Christmas pudding cheesecake
This Christmas pudding cheesecake makes an excellent pud for the Boxing Day buffet
By Rose Fooks • Published
Working from home tips: simple ways to make sure you're still productive
These simple working from home tips are easy to implement and should make your daily tasks a lot easier to achieve
By Amy Hunt • Published
February new moon 2022—new moon in Aquarius says it's time to look at the bigger picture
February new moon 2022 in Aquarius says it’s time to start working on the vision board—here's what that means for your star sign
By Maria Sofia Marmanides • Published
The Gilded Age—everything we know about HBO’s new drama from Downton Abbey creator Julian Fellowes
HBO’s The Gilded Age boasts an A-list cast including Cynthia Nixon, Christine Baranski, and Meryl Streep’s daughter, Louisa Jacobson
By Jack Slater • Published