By Jane Curran
For the steaks:
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 lemongrass stalks, outer layer removed, chopped
- tsp toasted sesame oil
- 5tbsp soy sauce
- 1tsp thai fish sauce
- 4 sirloin steaks (around 200g each)
- 1tbsp sunfower oil
For the rice:
- 200g jasmine rice
- tbsp sunflower oil
- 3 spring onions, sliced
- 1tbsp soy sauce
- 2 handfuls baby spinach leaves
- a large handful of coriander leaves, finely chopped
- Blend the garlic, lemongrass, sesame oil, soy sauce and fish sauce with 1tbsp water until smooth. Mix well with the steaks, cover and set aside in the fridge to marinate overnight.
- When you're ready to cook the steaks, cook the rice according to the pack instructions and set aside.
- For the steaks, heat the oil in a heavy-based frying pan over a medium-high heat, and cook for 2-4 minutes on each side, depending on thickness and taste. Set aside to rest while you fnish the rice.
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan and add the cooked rice, spring onions and soy sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes, add the spinach and cook for 30 seconds to wilt, then stir through the coriander. Thickly slice the steaks and pour over any juices. Serve the rice with the steaks and a super salad (see tip).
Top Tip for making Vietnamese Beef
If you can find them, swap the spinach for shredded betel leaves. For a super salad, we tossed carrots with chopped onion, chopped white cabbage in fresh lime juice, a drizzle of sesame oil, a pinch of sugar and 2tbsp rice vinegar, then added some chopped peanuts.
Le Creuset’s Unbreakable Enamelware Collection is perfect for ‘oops proof’ outdoor dining
Summertime is nearly here, which means picnics and BBQs galore!
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of 'Bennifer'
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •