You can’t go wrong with a great meringue recipe if you’re throwing a dinner party – it’s a great make ahead dessert option that you can bring out when it’s time for dessert and not worry about having to disappear into the kitchen. We’ve mixed up this classic recipe by adding Turkish delight into the mix – it makes for a wonderful taste and since we’ve used half-fat cream too, it’s actually much lighter for you then your usual meringue recipe. This dish is ready in an hour and serves up to ten people, so it’s the perfect recipe to try if you’re feeding a crowd.
HOW TO MAKE TURKISH DELIGHT AND PISTACHIO MERINGUE
- Whisk the egg whites with an electric whisk until stiff. Gradually whisk in the sugar until glossy. You should be able to turn the bowl upside down and the meringue will stay put. Stir in 1tbsp rosewater and 4tbsp chopped pistachios.
- Spoon half a teaspoon of meringue onto a baking sheet and cover with baking parchment. This will stop the parchment moving around. Spread the meringue into a large circle (about 20cm/8in) on the parchment, making a little dip in the centre. Cook for 1 hour at 140 C, 120 C fan, 275 F, gas 1. Cool in the turned-off oven for 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir the Turkish delight and 1tbsp rosewater into the whipped cream. Spoon the cream into the centre of the meringue and sprinkle the remaining pistachios over it.
- 4 egg whites
- 225g (8oz) golden caster sugar
- 2tbsp rosewater
- 6tbsp pistachios, chopped
- 1 x 568ml carton whipping cream, lightly whipped
- 250g (9oz) pistachio Turkish Delight, finely chopped in a food processor on the pulse setting
Top Tip for making Turkish Delight and Pistachio Meringue
You can make this the day before and keep in the fridge
Jill Biden offers Kelly Clarkson advice on how to get over a divorce
Jill Biden shared her own experience of divorce with Kelly Clarkson in her first interview as First Lady of the United States
By Emma Dooney •
This is why Sarah Ferguson was noticeably absent from daughter Princess Beatrice's wedding pictures
As was Beatrice's father, Prince Andrew...
By Mariana Cerqueira •
Who is Wayne Lineker to Gary Lineker and what caused the rift between the two?
Their previously close relationship was reportedly strained
By Emma Shacklock •