Salads are a go to healthy lunch recipe, but they can become a bit monotonous if you don’t switch up your ingredients every now and again.
Thankfully, this easy recipe uses different ingredients, but they’re all things you’ll probably already have in your cupboard.
Tinned tuna is a great go to for a healthy addition to any salad as it’s packed with essential omega-3 fatty acids that help heart health.
The butter beans and kidney beans in this dish are also a great source of fibre and protein, as well as vitamin B1.
If you’re in a hurry, or haven’t had time to pop to the shops raiding your cupboards and whipping up this tasty salad is a great way to stay on top of your healthy eating.
HOW TO MAKE TUNA AND THREE BEAN SALAD
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the green beans for 3 minutes then drain and refresh in cold water. Mix in a large bowl with the butter beans, kidney beans, red onion, radish and parsley.
- In a jug mix the oil, vinegar, mustard and lemon juice. Season well then toss through the salad until well coated. Carefully fold through the tuna, scatter with the pine nuts and lemon zest to serve.
- 200g (7oz) french beans
- 400g (14oz) tin butter bean, drained & rinsed
- 400g (14oz) tin kidney bean, drained & rinsed
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- 50g (2oz) radish, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ lemon, zest & juice
- 2 x 225g (8oz) Albacore Tuna, drained and flaked
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
Top Tip for making Tuna and Three Bean Salad
There are so many beans available you can really experiment with different ones in this recipe.
Kate Middleton and Prince William tease new project on Instagram. Here's what we think it may be
Kate Middleton and Prince William shared a teaser for a new project, Big Change Starts Small, and royal fans are wondering what it means.
By Danielle Valente •
Popular painkiller recalled after fears that product may cause overdoses
A popular painkiller has been recalled from shelves after fears that the product may cause purchasers to overdose.
By Laura Harman •
Princess Diana would have made Prince Harry’s exit from royal family pan out differently if she was alive today, her close friend claims
Princess Diana would have stopped Prince Harry and Meghan Markle from doing the Oprah interview, her friend thinks
By Caitlin Elliott •