- 2 cucumber, peeled
- 4 spring onions or small shallots, thinly sliced
- 100g (4oz) beansprouts
- 1 tbsp coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp mint, roughly chopped
- 25g cashew nuts or peanuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- For the dressing:
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
Halve the cucumber length-ways, scoop out the seeds with a teaspoon. Slice diagonally into 1cm (1/2 in) slices. Place in a serving bowl with the onions, bean-sprouts, coriander, mint and cashew nuts.
Place all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl and whisk together until the sugar has dissolved. Pour over the cucumber, mix well and scatter with sesame seeds.