- 1tsp oil
- 2 onions, roughly chopped
- 4 free-range chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 2tbsp tikka curry paste (we used Patak's)
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 3tbsp Greek yogurt, plus extra to serve
- large handful chopped coriander leaves, to serve
Heat the oil in a sauté pan and fry the onion for a couple of minutes until slightly softened. Season the chicken and add to the pan, turning occasionally to brown all over.
Add the curry paste to the pan, and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 5 to 8 minutes. Stir through the yogurt and cook until the curry starts to bubble. Check the seasoning and serve with a dollop of yogurt on top and a good scattering of coriander.
If you like, dish this curry up with a tomato, onion and coriander salad, and poppadoms. Add basmati rice, cooked with a cinnamon stick, if you need more of a filler.