HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY AND RICOTTA TART
- 375g (13oz) sweet shortcrust pastry (we like Sainsbury's or Jus-Rol)
- 500g (1lb 2oz) ricotta cheese
- 400g (14oz) small strawberries, hulled
- 3tbsp redcurrant jelly, mixed with 1tbsp water
- 2tbsp icing sugar
- ½tsp vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract
- squeeze lemon
You will need
- 28cm (11in) loose-based fluted tart tin, lightly greased, and baking beans
- Heat the oven to 190 C, 170 C fan, 375 F, gas 5. Roll out the shortcrust pastry to the thickness of a £1 coin and use to line the greased tart tin, leaving an overhang on the sides. Line with foil, fill with baking beans, and bake blind for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for a further 10 minutes until the pastry is sandy coloured with no grey patches. Leave it to cool, then trim off the overhanging pastry with a serrated knife to form a blunt edge.
- Meanwhile, gently heat the redcurrant jelly with the water until it has melted. Don't let it boil or it will become cloudy. Pass through a sieve and leave to cool with a piece of cling film touching the surface of the jelly.
- Whisk the ricotta with the icing sugar, vanilla and lemon until smooth and then pour into the cooled tart case. Arrange the strawberries very tightly on top then drizzle over the redcurrant glaze just before serving. This will keep for a few hours at room temperature, but should be assembled as late as possible before serving.
Susanna Reid defends Meghan Markle following Piers Morgan’s criticism of her new book
Susanna Reid shared her thoughts on Meghan Markle's children's book on today's Good Morning Britain
By Emma Dooney •
The Duchess of Cornwall offers royal fans a peek at her stylish study during an interview with Edna O’Brien
Have a look at the study in Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall’s home, Clarence House
By Laura Harman •
Morrisons' patio heater is here to keep us warm during long summer evenings—and it's a bargain too!
Morrisons' patio heater is an absolute bargain at £35, and shoppers are going wild for them
By Laura Harman •