For a dinner party recipe that you know is going to impress every time, you can’t go wrong with steak. Paired with stilton, mushroom and Marsala sauce, this steak recipe is full of rich flavour that everyone will just love.
HOW TO MAKE STEAK WITH STILTON, MUSHROOM AND MARSALA SAUCE
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Season the steaks with salt and pepper and add them to the hot oil. Cook for 2 tp 4 minutes on each side, depending on how you like them cooked.
- Remove from the pan and keep warm while you make the sauce.
- Slice the mushrooms and add them to the pan; cook for 4 to 5 minutes, or until they have softened and started to turn golden.
- Pour in the Marsala and leave the mixture to bubble until the liquid has reduced to about 1tbsp, then add the cream. Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer the sauce until it has thickened. Crumble the Stilton into the pan and stir until it starts to melt.
- Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper, if necessary.
- Transfer the steaks to serving plates and spoon the sauce over. Serve immediately with green beans and new potatoes.
- Tip: For medium-rare steaks, cook 2 to 2 1/2 minutes per side, for medium - 3 minutes, and for well done - 4 1/2 minutes. For best results, use a timer!
- 2tbsp light olive oil
- 2-4 fillet steaks, around 125-150g (4 1/2-5oz) each
- 250g (9oz) chestnut mushrooms
- 4tbsp Marsala
- 142ml carton double cream
- 50g (2oz) mature Stilton cheese
Sophia Vergara wins embryo court battle against her ex
Sophia Vergara has won a lawsuit against her ex that concerns the couple's frozen embryos
By Laura Harman •
Ashley Graham jokes about her postpartum hair loss
Ashley Graham has branded herself a ‘Bond villain’ after pregnancy resulted in hair-loss
By Laura Harman •
You won't believe your eyes when you see the Kiehl's Mother's Day deal
This Kiehl's Mother's Day deal is sure to make someone's day extra special.
By Fiona Embleton •