For a tart recipe that’s ready in a flash, easy to make and tastes really great, try this butternut squash, sage and Taleggio cheese version.
This butternut squash recipe takes just over an hour to prepare and cook, so it’s a great choice for a dinner party if you’ve got vegetarian guests coming, or want something you can serve up quickly at the weekend that feels a bit special.
Butternut squash is low in fat, high in dietary fibre and packed with vitamins, so this dish is a great one to try if you’re looking to up your veg intake too.
HOW TO MAKE SQUASH, SAGE AND TALEGGIO TART
- 375g (13oz) all-butter ready-rolled puff pastry, defrosted
- 500g (1lb 2oz) butternut squash, peeled, deseeded and cubed
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red onion, halved and sliced
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 free-range egg, lightly beaten
- 225g (8oz) Taleggio cheese, sliced
- 12 sage leaves
- Heat the oven to 220 C, 200 C fan, 425 F, gas 7. With a sharp knife, score a rectangle about 1cm (½in) inside the edge of the pastry. Score this rim in a criss-cross pattern. Chill for 20 minutes.
- Put the squash into a roasting tin with the garlic, onion and red pepper, drizzle over the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes until tender and beginning to char.
- Meanwhile, brush the pastry rim with egg and pierce the central pastry rectangle several times with a fork. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden.
- Turn the oven down to 180 C, 160 C fan, 350 F, gas 4. Arrange the vegetables on top of the cooked pastry with the Taleggio and sage leaves. Season and bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and everything warmed through.
Regé-Jean Page reenacted a steamy Bridgerton scene with SNL alum Leslie Jones
SNL alum Leslie Jones did not disappoint as she hosted the 2021 MTV Movie & TV Awards, including a reenactment of one of Bridgerton's most famous scenes
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts weigh in on the COVID-19 vaccine and its connection to infertility
Social media is responsible for spreading inaccuracies
By Danielle Valente •
Watch the emotional The Me You Can't See trailer with Prince Harry and Oprah
The duo's mental health series debuts this week on Apple TV+
By Danielle Valente •