For a salad option that looks as good on the table as it tastes, give this really bright beetroot and butternut squash recipe a go this week.
It’s a great way to use up any of the veg you might have left over in the fridge and is really quick to throw together – plus it makes a change from your bog standard salad recipes.
You’ll need to roast the veg in separate tins first, but once their added together and tossed with the rest of the herbs you’ll really appreciate this flavoursome dish.
This gorgeous salad serves up to six people so it’s a great one to try if you’ve got visitors or just want a big batch of something in the fridge you can serve up for lunches throughout the week.
HOW TO MAKE SQUASH AND BEETROOT SALAD
- Preheat the oven to 200C, 180C fan, 400F, gas 6. Toss together the squash, half the olive oil, fennel and a pinch of sea salt then place in a roasting tin. In a separate roasting tin, toss the beetroot with the remaining oil and a pinch of salt, and bake both for 30 minutes, until tender.
- Mix the squash, beetroot, herbs and pine nuts, then top the mixture with chunks of feta on a serving platter. Whisk oil and lemon juice to dress.
- 1 large butternut squash, approx 1kg (2lb 4oz), peeled and cut into small chunks
- 4tbsp olive oil plus a little extra
- 1tsp fennel seeds
- 600g (1lb 5oz) raw beetroot, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- 4tbsp fresh coriander, chopped
- 50g (2oz) pine nuts, toasted
- 1 x 200g (7oz) pack feta, crumbled
- oil and lemon juice, to dress
Top Tip for making Squash and Beetroot Salad
All our salads are of our favourite “make-ahead” variety and won’t wilt if they’re sitting on a serving table for an hour or so – great for a relaxed buffet meal
Le Creuset’s Unbreakable Enamelware Collection is perfect for "oops proof" outdoor dining
Summertime is practically here which means picnics and BBQs galore. To prepare for all our favorite summer foods check out Le Creuset's dishes set on sale now
By Rylee Johnston •
Experts claim Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's daughter will play this important role in the royal family
Do you agree?
By Danielle Valente •
Are Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck rekindling their romance? Here's what we know about the return of "Bennifer"
Jennifer Lopez and Ben Affleck have been spotted spending a lot more time together since her split from Alex Rodriguez in April, which has sparked rumors of a potential rekindling
By Rylee Johnston •